|Safe & Secure Shopping||Worldwide Free Shipping|
|Generic Name : Aricept||Brand Name: Donepezil|
|Strength(s): 5 mg / 10 mg||Expiry : 2019|
|Average Delivery: 7 - 10 Days||Price: $0.53|
Aricept is a brand name for actively acting donepezil which is used to treat various symptoms caused due to Alzheimer’s disease. Donepezil is a cholinesterase inhibitor which tends to increase the substance called acetylcholine in the brain thus reducing the symptoms like loss of memory, changes in the persona etc. in the patients of Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s disease is known to be most common form of Dementia. It causes loss of memory in the patients. Their thinking becomes irrational and behavior turns impulsive. As time passes, all the symptoms become more and more severe. This disease is mostly observed in the people with age above 60 years, however it is not a thumb rule that it occurs only in older persons. Alzheimer increases with age, its symptoms progresses gradually; memory loss initially can be mild which progresses to forgetting many instances and episodes of life. This disrupts the life of the patient as the ability of thinking logically also keeps on declining. He/she also tends to forget names of the people they know even since ages or in severe cases do not recognize them even. Alzheimer’s disease treatment has one name in common and that is Aricept. Donepezil is also used for other forms of dementia like treatment for Parkinson’s disease.
Usage of Aricept pills
• Always read all the information given in your prescription prescribed by your doctor before taking It and even while repeating the dosages. Follow the information on it.
• It can be taken with or without having meals as per your doctor’s advice.
• It is usually taken at night before bed-time; however patients having insomnia may switch to morning doses after consultation with the doctor.
• Donepezil has to be taken on regular basis, missing the doses frequently may lessen or nullify its effect.
• Donepezil is to be swallowed whole only.
• Do not discontinue the usage without doctor’s consultation.
The dosage are actually depends upon the severity of the disease, which may be diagnosed possibly by consulting your doctor. General dosages are however mentioned below:
• Initial dosage- 5 mg tablet before bedtime
• For moderate severity- Start with 5 mg only and continue it for a month or so, and the shift to a 10 mg tablet once a day.
• For severe severity- Give 23 mg of tablet once a day, but only after the patient is been taking 5 mg of the dosage for at least 12 weeks.
Precautions before taking Alzheimer's pills
It has been found that some medical conditions are impaired while an individual is on this medication, the list of such medical conditions are as follows. If you have any of the following, consult your doctor before starting the medication.
• If you are planning to start a family or are already on a family way.
• Lactating mothers
• Liver patients
• Heart patients
• Individuals already on some other medication
• Individuals with head injury or tumor in brain
Safety Information of Aricept tablets
• It is found to cause severe headache and dizziness. This condition may worsen if the tablet is consumed with liquor or alcoholic beverage. Avoid doing the same.
• Donepezil is meant only for adults i.e. individual above 18 years of age.
• Never exceed the dosage than what is prescribed by the doctor.
• It, very rarely is believed to cause a fatal syndrome known as Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome. The symptoms of the same are irregular heartbeat, confusion, excessive sweating, muscle rigidity etc. Immediately consult your doctor if you see any of these symptoms.
Like the two sides of a coin, when there are several benefits of the medicine, there has to be few side effects adjoined with it too. However it is completely based on an individual's reactivity towards a particular drug which defines the minor or major side effects on its body.* Minor side effects:
- Nausea & vomiting
- Loss of diet
- Pain in muscles/joints
- Deprived Sleep
- Difficulty in breathing
- Nonstop vomiting
- Burning or pain while urinating
- Bleeding in stool, vomit or cough
- Allergic reactions causing redness or rash in any body part
- Random giddiness and fainting