Side effects of Modafinil:
Like every other drug in the market modafinil also has its own share of side effects.
- Trouble in sleeping peacefully
- Stomach upsets and issues of the stomach
- Back pain
- Stuffy nose
Some very serious side effects are
- Shortness in breathing system
- Allergic reactions which are noticeable
- Swelling of the organs of the face like mouth, eyes, lips, nose and tongue
- Trouble in swallowing
- Mouth sores or ulcers
- Skin allergies like peeling of skin and blisters
- Serious rashes appear
- Serious allergies which involves organs like kidney and liver
Some incidents in 2007 have ordered for the modification of the drug as it has been discovered in patients suffering from toxic epidermal necrolysis, Steven- Johnson syndrome and DRESS syndrome. Safety and effectiveness of modafinil has not been officially determined. Modafinil has also been regarded as a drug leading to abuse and which has been leading to other ill effects like euphoria, hyper agitation which adds to nasal congestion. This might also have an ill effect on the hormonal functioning after the cessation and course.