Precautions while using Tretinoin Cream (Retin A):
Before using any kind of medicine, you should take certain precautions as some medications are not suitable for everyone and give harmful reactions on the body. Make sure that you consult a doctor if you have no information about tretinoin gel usage instructions. The following important points are to be considered prior to the usage of this tretinoin gel:-
- The people who have any other allergies need to consult their doctor before usage of Retin A cream.
- If women is expecting, she is not recommended to consume tretinoin gel. This drug passes into breast milk.
- People with a previous medical history related to Eczema also need to check with doctor before its usage
- Consumption of Retin A cream makes people sensitive to Sun. Precautions are to be taken to protect the skin from tanning, sunburns and prolonged sunlight exposure
- One has to avoid waxing, electrolysis, and application of hair removal creams like Veet etc. on the treated areas of the skin while using Tretinoin gel
- One has to be cautious before using Retin A gel if they have recently used products containing sulfur, resorcinol or salicylic acid
- Smaller hygiene related precautions are to be taken like washing hands carefully and protecting eyes after using retin a gel or tretinoin gel
It is good to consult doctor and explain your complete health conditions if you want to start using tretinoin gel, or Retin A gel. Also brief the doctor about any other medicines or treatments that you are undergoing.